Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Friday, October 8, 2010

Wedding Anniversary and my incredible Husband!



And I have made it to 9 months pregnant, aka 36 weeks!! I worked this week and was feeling better! I never thought people could actually be taken off bedrest and do well. The contractions are to a lesser degree and the swelling has improved significantly than before I went on bedrest. And I almost felt like the baby ascended out of my pelvis and into my abdomen, but during the week I think she descended again. You can tell when they descend into your pelvis because it will be uncomfortable walking and breathing is a little easier. Although for me, she's been super low the whole time.

Walking up and down our stairs at home too much, and to and from the cafeteria at work is just too much for me now. The several days I did go to the cafeteria at work this week to pick up food, I was a spectacle, everyone's attention was on me like I was a star. It's sweet that people are concerned and interested, even strangers and people I've never spoken to before, but they're engaging me in all these conversations and I just need to sit down.

I'm essentially bed-resting when not working. My husband and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary 10/7! He has been SO WONDERFUL. He brings breakfast to me upstairs, packs my lunch when I ask, prepares dinner for us/leftovers, he puts my TED hose on every morning, and basically waits on me for anything else I need. He had the brilliant suggestion that I park closer to the door at work. I would have continued to park in the distant employee area. He is single-handedly taking care of the entire household. I've depended upon him like never before and appreciate him in new ways.

At the doc's today: weight = 189 lbs (lost weight from two weeks ago!). BP = 110/70. Cervix is still about the same as last check. Group B strep test was negative. My doc pointed out where baby's body parts were sitting, and estimated that she is about 5.5 - 6 pounds! Doc's appointments are weekly from here on out. Baby could come any day now, or go past the due date! There is no way to know. But I've been thinking what a cool birthdate it would be if she was born in October: 10-#-10. There are all kinds of special days in October such as our wedding anniversary, mom's b-day, Halloween, Sweetest Day, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment