


37 weeks and baby is officially considered Full term!! (Picture in the yellow shirt was taken at 36 weeks and 3 days, pictures in the green shirt were taken at 37 weeks and 1 day). This is a major milestone I wasn't sure we would make. It means she is welcome to come into this world at anytime and would not be premature. There are 3 more weeks until my due date. Honestly, I can not imagine myself getting any bigger or going another 3-4 weeks pregnant. Being 9 months pregnant is hard. I love how the belly looks, but not how it feels. Her head is so low it is in my pelvis and that can be painful at times! Got my first pregnancy stretchmarks last week, just a few dots on my hip. My belly-button has been flattened out for weeks. And I'm outgrowing many of my maternity shirts!
I've kept myself on modified bedrest, so when I'm not working, I'm laying down. This continues to work wonders. DH continues to wait on me. What would I do without him?! I'm working a lighter schedule and that seems to help my contractions too. Even though everyone tells me they think it will be soon, and I also agree with this, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I could last until the due date.
Doc's appointment today: Weight = 195 lbs (gained 6-7 lbs in a week, that's a lot of water retention). BP = 118/70. Fundal height = 37 cm. Fetal HB = 140's. She said the baby has not dropped yet. She wants me to stay on modified bedrest, not for pre-term labor anymore, but because I have a few risk factors for pre-eclampsia; I'm over 30, first baby, and probably my swelling/water retention and traces of protein in urine throughout pregnancy. I thought I had many of the symptoms of pre-labor, but even having some of them doesn't mean the baby will come soon, still could be weeks away. It's strange, with all our medical advances, there is still no way to predict this. Doc thinks I could go another few weeks!
Below are some pictures from my work shower:




No comments:
Post a Comment