Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Sunday, October 3, 2010

As ready as we'll be



This is a bedrest pic of me at 34 weeks and 4 days.

35 weeks! and every day closer to full-term is feeling like a small victory. Baby will now either be born in October or November, Libra or Scorpio. Bedrest has really helped virtually eliminate the contractions! I will say that I had unofficially placed myself on bedrest weeks prior to all this, but apparently I was doing it wrong. You're supposed to lay only on your left or right side, not on your back while propped up. Laying on your sides works so much better! Bedrest gave me horrible heartburn. My dear fluffy cat elected to put himself on bedrest with me! :) He was glued to me on the couch, and even our dog got on the couch with us. My MIL came over with lunch and ready to do what I needed (what a BIG help she was!!), and my FIL checked on me and was ready to assist too - and they were so busy preparing to go out of town and preparing for their daughter's wedding that weekend!

DH took me to my doctor's appointment Tuesday, and I was taken off bedrest! I am still 1 cm dilated, 70% effaced, and the head is in a -2 station. I took off the rest of the week (had already taken off Thursday and Friday for SIL's wedding), and return to work Monday. DH attended his sister's out-of-town wedding (10-1-10) weekend, and I chilled at home. My parents came up to help take care of me, mom cleaned the house and dad "fixed" the stereo and computer. And several of our neighbors dropped off dinners for us! How thoughtful! I want to thank everyone for all your support and assistance, we could not have done it without you!

What a blessing it has been to have the week off work, be taken off bedrest, and have had a wakeup call that baby can come anytime. SO, in response, I did manage to get a pedicure (SO nice!), and someone asked if I was having twins... huh. We have also finally completed the nursery, packed my hospital bag, labor bag, and baby's bag, tied up loose ends, and we believe (for the 2nd time now) that we have selected a NAME!!

What a relief to finally feel "ready" - as ready as we're gonna get.

Agreeing on a name has been the 2nd hardest thing about having a baby, after childcare arrangements. DH and I apparently have completely opposite tastes in names. During the naming process, which started well before we even conceived, each of us has burned out on it at different times. Out of thousands of names, there were only 2 names we agreed upon, with some minor reservations from each of us (how is this possible, we must be super picky!). Okay, I will also admit that I set up a ridiculous amount of rules about the name (ex: the meaning of the name has to be nice, not like "dark" or "bitter," and there can be no double letters since our last name has double letters...) Plus, there is a name that has been stuck in my head the entire pregnancy and even before the pregnancy, and I haven't been able to get around it. Some of you will balk that we decided against this name. What can I say. It didn't go over well with test audiences, plus we didn't like the nickname. But at 8 months pregnant, at the 11th hour, we have managed to agree upon a 3rd name, which has come from behind but is now the clear winner! And you will just have to wait until the baby is born to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment