Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Braxton Hicks

I'm still feeling pretty good at 26 weeks, starting to have some fatigue. When I move I sound like a bowl of rice krispies, my joints are just snap, crackle and popping away! I had my 2nd trimester consultation with my Smart Starts nurse. She explained to me that what I thought was the baby "balling up" or "pushing against" my belly, when I can feel where she is sitting, are actually Braxton Hicks contractions!! She said the baby's movements or dehydration can trigger them, and that many pregnant women will report Braxton Hicks during this heat wave summer. Braxton Hicks are normal and start at 6 weeks! But usually are not recognized until 20 weeks or later. If you experience more than 4 per hour, you should contact your doctor. Drinking several glasses of water and changing position can help to stop them.

I forgot to mention a very morbid fact at 20 weeks. That is when the terminology changes over from 'miscarriage' to 'stillborn.' So, that is when one can officially stop worrying about miscarriage (biggest pregnancy fear), and start worrying about pre-term labor! I found that somewhat interesting, don't know about you all.

We have again been blessed and humbled by the generosity of others. A neighbor dropped off a garbage bag full of baby girl's clothes 0-6 months, thank you, Misty!! And a co-worker gave me some very useful gear, thank you, Virginia!!

My baby already owns more clothes than I do, actually more clothes than my husband and I combined, and she hasn't even been born yet!! She will clearly never be able to wear each of these outfits. And she is already a better dresser than us. She has a lot of name brands such as Baby Gap, The Children's Place, Kenneth Cole, and Ann Taylor! She has way more dresses than I have ever owned, and jeans, jean skirts, jean jackets, overalls... She owns at least 3 jean jackets! She even has a pink pair of sneakers and two sets of winter boots! And I have never seen socks so tiny, at least not for a real person to wear. Pics of some fun items below:

Tiniest socks!

Stylin' shoes

Summer dress, bloomers, and hat outfit

Dressy summer outfit

Jean dress and long-sleeved onesie

Skull cap and newborn onesie

Cool shirt

Peasant blouse, jeans, and Mary Jane socks

I love this adorable Ann Taylor sweater!

I love this Ann Taylor hooded vest!

Fun faux fur coat!

Happy New Year onesie

No comments:

Post a Comment