Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Sunday, July 11, 2010

Baby's first cold



Baby is over a pound at 23 weeks, her sense of hearing, taste, and touch have developed. I have now technically entered my 6th month of pregnancy, although I have 4 more months to go. Pregnancy is 40 weeks, so that is 10 months. I've only gained 13 pounds so far. I've been having swelling in my feet and ankles, and my belly is ever-more basketball shaped!

Over the long 4th of July weekend we visited family, had a family reunion, DH and I had a night on the town, and baby attended her first drum circle! I also picked up a cough, and my nose which has been mildly stuffy my entire pregnancy became so stuffy I couldn't breathe through it. But I did not feel sick, or seem to have a fever. However, it's been so freakin' HOT this summer, and our A/C has not been working properly, that I feel hot all the time anyway! But baby, who normally moves every 1-2 hours, was only moving once or twice a day. So baby and I were both sick this past week, but it seemed to affect baby more! Her first in-utero cold!

Had my pre-natal appointment Friday and doc said I probably had a virus. She and I were both feeling back to normal, and she's moving like her very active self again. Weight = 173. Blood pressure = 102/60. Fetal heartbeat = 134. They explained as the temperature rises, so does the swelling. They encouraged me to drink more water in order to reduce swelling. And I've been so good about drinking 7-9 glasses of liquids daily, but I need even more!

I go back in 5 weeks, at 28 weeks pregnant, and will have a doc's appointment, the gestational diabetes test, and a follow-up ultrasound to check on the marginal placenta previa and the extra gestational sac in there. All of that will be on Friday the 13th!

Wow, I used a lot of numbers in this week's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment