

25 weeks just sounds like a major milestone, doesn't it?! Baby's nostrils are open and she is practicing breathing, and she is developing surfactant in her lungs so they can expand with air. I've been experiencing a sense of pressure at the base of my belly and discomfort where my legs join to the body, mostly because she is sitting so low in my belly.
Did you know that the rib cage also expands during pregnancy?! Warning: Girl Talk ahead, skip the rest of the paragraph if you don't want to know women's details. I mention this because no one told me about it, or not that I remember. So, I bought a maternity bra, and wow, it is a LOT more comfortable than my old bra! I may never go back! I definitely recommend it! If your bra is too tight, or you have underwire that pokes into you, it can cause the milk ducts to clog and cause pain and infection. This is a little different from a nursing bra, which I won't consider getting until after I have the baby, once I know that I can nurse. I went ahead and bought maternity underwear too, they claimed they are cut differently than the regular ones. But do not waste your money on this, at least for me, they are no different than what I normally wear.
One of my co-workers, Tamara, loaded us up with baby clothes and items last weekend! We got a beautiful Graco pack n' play, a travel swing, and bags and bags of all kinds of clothing, blankets, and some shoes until 24 months! One cool thing is that her daughter was born within a month of our daughter's due date, so the sizes are all appropriate for the time of year. Thank you, Tamara!!
I think it is so sweet when people acknowledge me and my baby. When they ask how we are doing, or say hello/goodbye to baby.
Rant ahead: Now people are saying I am too big, just a few weeks ago they said I was too small. Are you kidding me?! All women are different, and carry their babies differently, please do not compare me to others. I am a first-time mom and don't know what the heck is going on, so I can get pretty worried over nothing at all. These comments are not constructive, and they just cause me to worry that something is wrong with my baby, either it is not growing, or getting too big, and those are clearly both concerns for a pregnant woman! And remember, if one person is telling me this, I'm most likely being bombarded by it daily, by multiple people. It can get to you psychologically after awhile.
People are also giving me a lot of advice, they are trying to be helpful. The only kind of advice I don't find helpful, are those dumb old wive's tales. Seriously, someone told me not to put my arms above my head because it will cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck! Even though it is ridiculous and clearly not true, now, every time I do this, I can't help but think about it.
What not to say to a pregnant woman:
"Your belly is too small."
"Your belly is too big."
"You don't even look pregnant." (when I am like 24 weeks)
"You don't look like you are 20 weeks pregnant."
What to say to a pregnant woman:
"Your bump is cute!"
"You carry it well."
"Pregnancy looks good on you."
"You look great for 18 weeks pregnant!"
No comments:
Post a Comment