Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Friday, May 14, 2010

A Wedding and a Funeral

15 weeks pregnant today and baby is 4 inches long, the size of an apple. Baby can sense light, is forming tastebuds, and if we did an ultrasound we could tell the sex now. I'm still emotional, witchy, and anxious about baby. Other than that, practically no symptoms. My bump does not seem any bigger than at 12 weeks. None of my clients know I'm pregnant yet, but one of them told me that I looked different and I was glowing!! Apparently some men think so too, I've been getting more attention and hit on.

We attended another pregnancy class, called an early pregnancy class, and it was lively and informational. There are no more classes to attend until the 3rd Trimester, and she explained what all those classes are about.

There was a family funeral and a family wedding to attend on the same day! Not to mention our family has also had a recent engagement, and two pregnancies, mine and a cousin's. Each of these major life events single-handedly change people's lives deeply and forever. I could go on about the symbolism and cycle of life here, but I think you get the picture. In any case, changes abound, and excitement lingers!

We grieve the loss of DH's great uncle. He lived such a long and wonderful life, very healthy until the end. He was truly a great man, and will be missed by all. Unfortunately, we were not able to attend the funeral.

We were involved in helping to set-up the wedding, and DH was in the wedding. It was a gorgeous day in a natural setting, and we were so impressed by the decor, they put so much work into it. It was a beautiful wedding, and the couple glowed! The funny thing is, DH and I were so preoccupied with all "this stuff" that we forgot to make arrangements for our dog as we went out of town!! Things are changing if our beloved dog (our furr-baby) gets relegated to the bottom of the totem pole! Fortunately, we were able to return that night instead of next morning, but what a long day it was.

Below are some pics. I am four months pregnant in them (14 weeks). My belly gets bigger as the day progresses, so I took a pic to show how big it looks after dinner, at night (last pic).






No comments:

Post a Comment