Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Friday, May 7, 2010

2nd Trimester!


14 weeks and I am officially in the 2nd trimester! YAY! The risk of miscarriage now is significantly decreased. Baby is the size of my clenched fist and growing hair! Symptoms: almost none. I've been in that awkward stage where I'm just looking fatter and not clearly pregnant yet. I have been emotional and witchy with a capital "B," as my poor husband can attest. I've also been pretty insecure about the welfare of baby from 7 weeks to 14 weeks, needing evidence at doctor's visits of the heartbeat, etc. That was because I wasn't feeling or looking pregnant, and had no idea what was going on in there. It's been strange the past few weeks as we told more people about the pregnancy, but I haven't looked pregnant or felt pregnant! But now that I'm starting to show more, and I've had some uterine cramping/stretching as it grows, I think I can feel more reassured. I had my first experience this week not being able to zip up my jeans or button them! Lastly, over the past year, I have been on a cottage cheese kick, and now I am onto my next kick: a cold glass of chocolate milk. Whole and organic, packed with nutrients, protein, calcium and vitamin D, one of the wonder foods for pregnancy, and so tasty!

Last weekend we took a hospital tour, saw the maternity floor, nursery, labor & delivery room, and recovery rooms. The hospital is really nice and the tour was helpful, now we have a reference point in our minds for the birth. Then we attended the Safe Baby class, which was two hours chock full of information. I was writing furiously the entire time, and feeling a little overwhelmed, while DH sat there bored and sleepy. If we implement everything she said, our entire house would be locked up and we wouldn't be able to do anything.

3 comments:

  1. You look great!!! It must be weird having the baby inside and not knowing what exactly is going on in there!!! I think I would feel the same. The tour of the hospital was a great idea! You are progressing so nicely!!

    Will you be finding out gender when the time comes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim! you are so sweet. The tour was great to do!

    we'll definitely hope to find out the gender, they do the anatomy scan at 20 weeks, around the end of June, I think. I think that will also help with bonding with baby, knowing if it's boy or girl in there, coming up with a name, feeling the baby move, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, you look so cute, kim. congrats on entering your second trimester!!

    i so know what you mean about the "awkward stage" of looking bigger but not quite pregnant. i'm in that stage too and i find myself feeling self-conscious about the size of my stomach! ah, the joys of pregnancy!

    God bless you and your precious little one, my friend!

    love,
    jess

    ReplyDelete