Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Beginnings of a baby bump!


Hello! to all my new readers, family and friends we have told in the past week. I'm now 13 weeks! Baby's fingerprints have formed, and baby is now the size of a peach. Symptoms: feeling better this week, nausea and fatigue are back down to 2/10, hardly noticeable. My belly has definitely popped - I have a baby bump!!

This week I told my supervisors at work and began telling co-workers. I completed the hospital pre-admission forms, and thought I needed to pre-certify the hospital stay through insurance, but I don't. I enrolled in a program through my insurance, it's called "Smart Starts." I get my own personal nurse who knows my medical history, she calls me once a trimester, and I can ask her anything I want, and call or email her anytime. She emails me articles that she has selected for me based on what we've discussed. And once I complete the program, they will deposit $300.00 into my flexible spending healthcare account. My nurse is the best, she has already given me tons of great tips and ideas. I would pay them for this service, and they are paying me! We've also signed up for the recommended 1st and 2nd trimester classes: a hospital tour, Safe Baby class, and something called New Beginnings. All the typical classes, like Childbirth or Lamaze, you are not allowed to take until the 3rd trimester. All our classes are free because I am a hospital employee.

DH's sister is engaged! They have set the date taking my pregnancy into consideration, it will be when I am 8 months pregnant, so we've been checking into my ability to travel at that time. If all goes well, I can.

I bought a belly band and a scale this week - need to monitor my weight, don't want to gain too much. And I'm researching pregnancy pillows. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment