
Tuesday, March 9th, 2010:
Okay, must post because there is already another update. Today I called my doc's office and asked them if DH should attend the next appointment, and if they will do an ultrasound, and if not, when will it be. My doc had previously told me she would do an u/s at the 6 week confirmation. Long story short, the receptionist and I figured out that somehow they missed scheduling me for a first trimester u/s, so she had a nurse call me back. The nurse had consulted with my doc who wanted the u/s scheduled for next week, at around 6 weeks, and I will meet with a doc afterwards, which is standard. Then the nurse told me my bloodwork levels which had been taken from the day before. Progesterone = 86.8! It had doubled since the last time they took it three weeks ago! HCG (beta) = 6004!!! She said these were Great!! and she had never seen a number that high, and wondered if I was carrying twins! When she asked if I took clomid and I said yes, she was like, "yep, uh-huh" (with a smile). Clomid increases your chance of having twins by 5-10%. HCG is human growth hormone, produced by the placenta in pregnancy. My levels were drawn at 21 days past ovulation or 22 days past LH surge, check out my levels compared to the normal on the chart! OMG!!!
So, our first u/s is scheduled for Friday, March 19th!! I am super excited about this, can you tell? This will confirm that the baby is 1) in my uterus and not ectopic, 2) that there is a baby in there instead of a blighted ovum, 3) it will show if it is a singleton or twins, 4) it helps with dating the pregnancy, and 5) we should be able to see the heartbeat! Once you see the heartbeat, you are pretty much in the clear as far as miscarriage risk, there is a 95% chance the pregnancy will continue.
I still don't feel like there is a baby in there, I won't actually believe it until I see the heartbeat!
No comments:
Post a Comment