Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Confirmation of pregnancy Appointment


Monday, March 8th, 2010:

This was my first pre-natal appointment! They call it a "confirmation of pregnancy" appointment, in which they take a urine sample, blood sample, and do a pelvic exam. It went really well! Everyone was so nice and congratulatory. They gave me a packet of informational paperwork on pregnancy, FAQ's, exercise guidelines, list of safe meds, etc, and a more thorough medical questionnaire to bring to my next appointment. They also gave me paperwork on screening for Down's syndrome. I saw a different doc than my usual, but that seems to be standard in a large hospital so you can get to know all the docs. He answered all my questions and was great.

I am 5 weeks and 3 days along. My estimated due date (EDD) is November 6th, 2010. Weight = 158 (have I gained a few pounds already?). BP = 100/60. Baby is the size of a sesame seed this week. I'm only having a few symptoms and he said they were completely normal, most symptoms will begin around 6.5 weeks. He said there are only three ways to harm a pregnancy: alcohol, smoking, and drugs. I can pretty much do everything as normal. He encouraged me to drink lots of water and eat normally, to gain somewhere around 25-35 pounds for the pregnancy. Although I will really miss not eating sushi! :( He said deli meats were fine to eat, just make sure they are from a reputable place and not Subway. He seemed happy that I am now eating meat.

My next appointment will be 4 weeks from now, on the day I turn 10 weeks. That will be a super long appointment where they explain "what to expect," and I will meet with an Ob Coordinator and then a doc.

It is beginning to feel more real now, but still hard to believe I am pregnant! Below is a pic of me at 5 weeks, at the end of our ski trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment