Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How we told his family




Tuesday, March 2, 2010:

DH, his parents, and I, met his sister and her boyfriend at the airport. All of us flew across the country to Denver, CO. DH and I kept the secret pretty well, it was fun because we shared these knowing looks all day. We had planned out exactly when and how we would do it, and even considered possible flubs to our plan. We rented a car and drove the two hours to Breckenridge Ski Resort. We picked up the townhome rental key, and then his mom gave us the option to go straight to the townhome, or rent our skiis first. I wasn't planning on skiing, so we had anticipated this flub, but we casually suggested we preferred to go to the townhome first. No problem.
After unloading our bags, and while everyone was still milling around in the main living room area, I furtively stashed my positive Fact plus test into my sleeve. I loudly announced, "I have something to say." Everyone was standing around me, and I quickly pulled the pregnancy test out of my sleeve and almost shoved it into his mom's face. She seemed a little confused, and after a few seconds or so, I said, loudly, "I'm pregnant!!" She screamed and began crying. It seemed like everyone had tears in their eyes. Everyone hugged and congratulated us. Partly from the excitement, partly from the high altitude (9,000+ feet), and partly from the pregnancy, I was out of breath as I began answering everyone's questions. I was only four weeks along, and hadn't even missed my period yet! We were telling them so early in the pregnancy because I was not going to ski or use the hot tub. We clearly expressed the need for this to stay a secret for now, they were the only ones who knew, I hadn't told my parents yet. The baby was the size of a poppy seed. I brought my clomid and feminine products just in case I got my period during the trip. Pictured below are the positive HPT's at 15, 16, and 17 DPO, these were the tests I continued to take while on the ski trip. The Fact plus was the one I almost shoved in her face, it dried lighter, while the others dried darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment