Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Baby's Guardian Angel


It occurred to me that a few things have happened which have really benefited baby and me, through a seemingly random and odd series of events:

Pregnancy makes the body immuno-compromised = more likely to get sick. I developed hives and needed to treat it with something, and chose green tea, the side effect of which was to boost my immune system, so I didn't contract the horrible respiratory illness my husband had. He is still coughing from it, btw. I never would have started to drink green tea during pregnancy due to the folic acid concern, under normal circumstances. But if I didn't drink the green tea, I would have probably gotten very sick. Which is worse, to get hives which are harmless for baby, or to contract a viral infection during the critical developmental embryonic period? Thank you, guardian angel, for the hives.

I've been wondering the past few weeks about the close proximity of my computer tower at work, and needing to research what is safe in pregnancy. A client canceled, so I took a break from work and looked up some things online. I initially wanted to check out a relative's wedding registry, but the registry froze, which left me the dreaded computer question to research. I began my research and realized I should have my tower moved, but dreaded the service call I would have to make, and wait several days for 1 maintenance guy to come out, who would not be able to lift my huge desk and simultaneously move the wires and computer. Within a few minutes of making my decision, I went to use the bathroom and lo and behold, there were 3 computer guys a few doors down in my hallway. Never seen them before, they don't even work on our campus, and were specifically called in for a major transition which will occur with our computers. On my way back to my office, they were working in the next office and on their way to mine! I told them of my concern, and played the pregnancy card. I told them what a coincidence, I was just researching this online and still had it up on my computer to show them! Even though they were not there for that issue, they were happy to move my tower, and I didn't even have to make the service call!! or wait for days. It took 2 to lift my desk, and the 3rd to move the wires and computer. If I had not researched it at that exact time, I probably would never have asked them to move the tower, because I was of the mindset that it was a huge chore and I didn't want to ask them unless I knew that was what I wanted. If the registry hadn't froze, I wouldn't have researched it at that moment. If my client hadn't canceled, I wouldn't have researched it or had the time for them to move my tower. Thank you, guardian angel, for making me research the right thing at the right time, and sending the right people at the right time.

Coincidences happen all the time. Although, maybe now that I am pregnant, I am seeing it differently. I believed in God and guardian angels before, but was never sure that a happy coincidence was actually divine providence. It was hard for me to believe that angels would act on my behalf. But now, it is very clear to me that they are helping my baby. Since I'm with my baby 24/7, I'm really the only one that can witness, understand and interpret the string of events. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment