


29 weeks and baby continues to fatten up, and is nearing the length she will be at birth.
We took our New Parents Guide to Breastfeeding class this week. I read the Nursing Mother's Companion to prepare for that class. And appropriately or coincidentally this also happens to be World Breastfeeding Awareness month! As they say, "the breast is best." Some of the benefits to the baby include: reduces the risk of dying, obesity, allergies, SIDS, chances of diseases later in childhood and in adulthood, and increases intelligence and immunity. Some of the benefits to the mother include: reduced risk of post-partum depression, and some forms of cancer, increased sense of well-being/relaxation, weight loss, and it helps to contract your uterus back into shape, not to mention the cost savings from buying expensive formula.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-breastfeeding-benefits-you-and-your-baby_8910.bc
http://www.breastfeeding.com/all_about/all_about_more.html
Over the past several weeks I've been eating three meals and two snacks a day. But I have sometimes awakened hungry in the middle of the night. I usually try to sleep it off, but had to get up once at 4AM to eat because I was going to have to fast for the glucose test that morning, and I couldn't return to sleep knowing that when I awoke I wouldn't be able to eat anything. So now I am eating "bedtime snack" (my third snack of the day) and no longer awakening at night hungry. It's funny because we feed our cat dinner and "bedtime snack", so the cat and I are eating late at night. I am thirsty every morning and drink two plus glasses of liquid.
I have selected our pediatrician, yay! I'm happy because they have a great reputation and flexibility. All I need to do is tell my ob doc, and they will notify the pediatric doc, who will visit the baby in the hospital. Baby is then discharged from the hospital into ped doc's care.
I'm listening to my body and have stopped going to my power yoga class, it was just too rough on my pelvis. I attended my first ever pre-natal yoga class and absolutely loved it! It's much gentler and they give you plenty of time to get into and out of poses, and you don't have to worry about customizing for pregnancy since you can do everything in the class. I am still having pelvic aches, but the pains are much better. It was expensive and worth every penny. There are unfortunately, no pre-natal yoga classes for working mothers in my local area {Boo local area!!}. This class is in the city near where I work, so it is probably too far, too expensive, and too inconvenient to get to weekly, I just don't want to drive up there 6 days a week. However, now I know what I am missing... [sigh].
People continue to be so generous towards us. We have received three baby gifts this week! Additionally my in-laws came over to work on the nursery, hang the curtain valance, add more shelves, and drop off storage bins for the closet. This got us over the hump, so just the easy decorative and organizational stuff is left.
DH said a few cute things this week. We were talking about my bellybutton changing, and he asked if that's where baby's umbilical cord is attached (thinking it goes from my bellybutton to her bellybutton). In case you don't know, her umbilical cord is attached to her bellybutton and the placenta. We were also talking about her being head down and he asked if her head is in the canal. I said if she was in the birth canal then we'd be at the hospital right now!
We took our New Parents Guide to Breastfeeding class this week. I read the Nursing Mother's Companion to prepare for that class. And appropriately or coincidentally this also happens to be World Breastfeeding Awareness month! As they say, "the breast is best." Some of the benefits to the baby include: reduces the risk of dying, obesity, allergies, SIDS, chances of diseases later in childhood and in adulthood, and increases intelligence and immunity. Some of the benefits to the mother include: reduced risk of post-partum depression, and some forms of cancer, increased sense of well-being/relaxation, weight loss, and it helps to contract your uterus back into shape, not to mention the cost savings from buying expensive formula.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-breastfeeding-benefits-you-and-your-baby_8910.bc
http://www.breastfeeding.com/all_about/all_about_more.html
Over the past several weeks I've been eating three meals and two snacks a day. But I have sometimes awakened hungry in the middle of the night. I usually try to sleep it off, but had to get up once at 4AM to eat because I was going to have to fast for the glucose test that morning, and I couldn't return to sleep knowing that when I awoke I wouldn't be able to eat anything. So now I am eating "bedtime snack" (my third snack of the day) and no longer awakening at night hungry. It's funny because we feed our cat dinner and "bedtime snack", so the cat and I are eating late at night. I am thirsty every morning and drink two plus glasses of liquid.
I have selected our pediatrician, yay! I'm happy because they have a great reputation and flexibility. All I need to do is tell my ob doc, and they will notify the pediatric doc, who will visit the baby in the hospital. Baby is then discharged from the hospital into ped doc's care.
I'm listening to my body and have stopped going to my power yoga class, it was just too rough on my pelvis. I attended my first ever pre-natal yoga class and absolutely loved it! It's much gentler and they give you plenty of time to get into and out of poses, and you don't have to worry about customizing for pregnancy since you can do everything in the class. I am still having pelvic aches, but the pains are much better. It was expensive and worth every penny. There are unfortunately, no pre-natal yoga classes for working mothers in my local area {Boo local area!!}. This class is in the city near where I work, so it is probably too far, too expensive, and too inconvenient to get to weekly, I just don't want to drive up there 6 days a week. However, now I know what I am missing... [sigh].
People continue to be so generous towards us. We have received three baby gifts this week! Additionally my in-laws came over to work on the nursery, hang the curtain valance, add more shelves, and drop off storage bins for the closet. This got us over the hump, so just the easy decorative and organizational stuff is left.
DH said a few cute things this week. We were talking about my bellybutton changing, and he asked if that's where baby's umbilical cord is attached (thinking it goes from my bellybutton to her bellybutton). In case you don't know, her umbilical cord is attached to her bellybutton and the placenta. We were also talking about her being head down and he asked if her head is in the canal. I said if she was in the birth canal then we'd be at the hospital right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment