Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Thursday, June 30, 2011

6/29/11 - A day in the life of a full-time working mom who’s house is for sale, but at least the dog and cat are placed elsewhere

5:50AM supposed to get up, but way too tired

6:20AM – 7:15AM got up and got ready for work

7:15AM left to go to work, baby is still sleeping

7:40AM arrived at work, 10 minutes late for my 7:30 client, oops

Had a relatively easy and well paced day, was able to get all my notes done while at work, which often doesn’t happen

4:47PM – 5:30PM left work and drove to Once Upon a Child, sat in traffic and nodded off at the wheel a couple times – but only when we were at a standstill (I know, I know…)

5:30PM – 7:30PM arrived at Once Upon a Child and shopped for 18 month clothes, push walker, activity table, pink hair bows (those are always going missing)

7:30PM store closed and I was checking out – bought a ton of stuff but I had fun, or maybe just feeling loopy from not eating dinner and exhaustion

8:00PM – 9:00PM finally got home, baby’s bedtime routine begins 8:00PM-8:30PM, but her Daddy let her sleep from 5-7PM so she wasn’t tired, it worked out b/c I wanted to see her. He had cooked dinner, but had not fed or changed the baby. I ate dinner, fed baby a bottle for dinner (talk about working mother's guilt, but justified not spoon feeding her b/c she had been spoon fed enough during the day), and played with her with her new toys, need to buy 1.5 volt batteries for her activity table, and what the heck are 1.5 volt batteries?, and showed off her new clothes. By the way, she is pulling forward onto her hands and almost crawling.

9:00PM - 9:30PM baby’s bedtime routine, fed her another bottle, changed diaper. By the way, she can now roll from back to front, and loves to sleep on her left side in fetal position.

9:30PM – 12AM left baby’s room and sorted 4 loads of laundry, washed 3, dried 3, folded the 2 which had already been done earlier in the week, cleaned up the entire kitchen, prepped baby’s bottles, cleaned up the living room of baby’s stuff and made everything “show-ready,” put a few things back in the diaper bag, sent an overdue email to a friend, forwarded my brother some of our Yellowstone flight and rental car info, discovered we did have the right batteries (realized 1.5v = AA) and put them in the activity table

12AM collapsed into bed feeling accomplished but exhausted

This was a slightly unusual day because of the shopping, but it evened out because I didn’t have notes to do that night at home, that usually takes an hour or more. So if anything, I would get home earlier to spend another hour or two with baby, but then be doing the notes after she goes to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment