Welcome to the chronicles of my first pregnancy, and beyond! I am a married working professional in my early 30's.

This blog is primarily to keep my family, friends, and any other interested parties updated, as well as documenting for myself and my growing family.

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here! Suggestions, questions, and information are all welcome. -Kim


Friday, January 28, 2011

Return to work

Returning to work, and leaving my sweet baby behind was hard! I'm still adjusting and figuring it out. If you think about it, I was with her every day and night for the past year (9 mo of pregnancy and 3 mo of maternity leave). I hadn't worn many of my work clothes in probably as long. Being comfortable with who was watching her (Grandma Jan, and a neighbor) makes a big difference. One of the hardest parts was missing her development. Being with her every day, I had noticed her do something new practically every day, and now that I'm at work, I haven't been able to notice her daily changes.

Elena can answer the following questions:

Q: "Who is the President of China?"
A. "Hu"

Q: "What sound do owls make?"
A. "Hoo"

She is wearing size 3 months now, and weighs 13.4 pounds! We are using Medela "Medium flow" nipples (4-12 mo). She is beginning to reach and touch objects in front of her. She smiles at the dog and cat, and also their pictures.

She scratched her face a lot last week, I kept trying to file her nails, but didn't have enough time during the week, and I think I needed Brian to hold her while I do her nails (afraid to try to cut them, they're not long enough). Saturday morning when she woke up I noticed she had scratched the white of her eye, there was blood in it! We took her to the Saturday walk-in clinic at the Ped's, and had to give her antibiotic ointment 3-4 times a day for 5 days!! This adds to my working mother guilt. If I was home with her, I probably would have tried to cut her nails or had them filed down.

I finally finished adapting "My Pregnancy" journey (as told in this blog) into a photo book! Check it out at the link below. If you're interested, you can preview the book, and even order a copy for yourself!!

Some of the pics below were taken by her grandfather, and some by her grandmother.














No comments:

Post a Comment